The School runs an extensive coach and minibus service, providing a popular means of travelling to NLCS. More than 600 students use the services, including our free tube Station Shuttle-buses. Our students also walk, cycle, and use tubes, trains and local buses.
NLCS has committed to becoming Carbon Net-Zero by 2030 and encouraging our community to use sustainable modes of travel is a priority for us. Reducing the number of cars coming to the site contributes to improved air quality and reduces congestion on local roads.
This commitment has been recognised by the London Borough of Harrow and TfL by the award of the Gold STARS accreditation, which is a measure of the real reduction in car use and our efforts to publicise and undertake activities that promote more active, safe and sustainable travel.
For more information about any of these services click here – North London Collegiate School (tfl.gov.uk)
As part of this mission we launched the HomeRun App to help you to connect with other Senior and Junior parents to coordinate journeys to and from School and in doing so, reduce our carbon footprint. This is proving highly successful.
For more information about any of these services, please see below. If you have any further questions, please contact the Operations Team on 020 8951 6490 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HomeRun App provides an innovative, secure, digital platform that allows parents to search for both Junior and Senior NLCS families living nearby (by distance from your home location, rather than by address which remain private), to coordinate journeys and to share information. It will enable you to:
- See who lives nearby – this may provide you with opportunities to share car travel/lifts to save time and the expense of driving to school.
- Contact other parents securely and share personal contact information on a needs only basis.
- Receive information promptly about any changes to the arrival times of girls returning from trips and school events.
- Ensure safer travel for your daughters to use buses or trains by sharing travel arrangements.
- Receive up to date information on travel and environment initiatives.
The app also provides the School with anonymised journey information that we can use to promote new environmentally sustainable travel initiatives and will support us in developing our travel plans with Harrow Council and TfL.
If you have any further questions please contact the Operations Team via email@example.com or by calling 020 8951 6490.