Menu
Close
Sixth Form

Below you can find A Level & IB results for the relevant years:

A Level & IB Results 2016

A Level and Pre U Results

With the publication of A level and Pre-U results today, and IB results earlier this summer, we are pleased to report the School’s excellent Year 13 results:

46% of entries were awarded A* (or the equivalent at Pre-U or IB).

87% of entries were awarded A* to A (or equivalent).

96% of entries were awarded A* to B (or equivalent).

IB Diploma Results

We are very pleased to announce another excellent set of IB results. Our students gained an average point score of 41.7 points, typically placing our students in the top 4% of students worldwide. This is the eleventh year in a row that the average point score attained by our students has exceeded 40 points.

The IB Higher level scores were particularly impressive:

• 57% of all Higher Level entries were graded 7 (equivalent to A* at A-level)
  • 91% of all Higher Level entries were graded either 7 or 6 (equivalent to A*/A at A-level)

5 girls gained the maximum score of 45 points, something achieved by only around 150 students out of 60,000 internationally.

A Level & IB Results 2015

A Level and Pre U Results

• 46% of entries were awarded A*  (or the equivalent at Pre-U).
  • 86% to 87% of entries were awarded A* to A (or equivalent).
  • Over 98% of entries in principal subjects were awarded A* to B (or equivalent).

IB Diploma results

The IB Higher level scores were particularly impressive with the average IB points score  of 41.3

• 59% of all Higher Level entries were graded 7 (equivalent to A* at A-level)
  • 91% of all Higher Level entries were graded either 7 or 6 (equivalent to A*/A at A-level         
  • 89% of all Standard Level entries were graded either 6 or 7.

2 girls gained the maximum score of 45 points, something achieved by only around 150 students out of 60,000 internationally.

A Level & IB results 2014

A Level & Pre U results 

Almost 98% of entries in principal subjects were awarded A* to B (or the equivalent)

87% of entries were awarded A* to A (or equivalent)

47% of entries were awarded A* (or equivalent)

The average IB points score is 41.9.

There were particularly excellent results in Modern Languages in the Pre-U qualification, which was sat for the first time, with 59% of entries graded D1 or D2 (the equivalent of an A* at A level).

IB Diploma results  

The IB Higher level scores were particularly impressive this year:
67% of all Higher Level entries were graded 7 (equivalent to A* at A-level)

87% of all Higher Level entries were graded either 7 or 6 (equivalent to A*/A at A-level)

Additionally:

92% of all Standard Level entries were graded either 6 or 7.

4 girls gained the maximum score of 45 points, something achieved by only around 150 students out of 60,000 internationally.

Our congratulations go to all the students and staff for whom these results represent a very pleasing reflection of their cumulative hard work and enthusiasm. 

A Level & IB results 2013

A Level Results 2013

We are pleased to report excellent A level results; there are many stories of individual success and achievement.

98.3% of all results were graded at A* to B. Over 46% of entries were awarded the A*.

Over half the girls in the year achieved two or more A* grades, and 13 girls secured straight A* grades.

IB Diploma Results 2013

Our students gained an average point score of over 41 points, typically placing our students in the top 3.87% of students worldwide. This is the eighth year in a row that the average point score attained by our students has exceeded 40 points.

· 61% of all Higher Level entries were graded 7 (equivalent to A* at A-level)

· 93% of all Higher Level entries were graded either 7 or 6 (equivalent to A*/A at A-level)

· 100% of all Higher Level entries were graded either 7,6 or 5 (equivalent to A*-B at A-level)

Additionally:

· 93% of all Standard Level entries were graded either 6 or 7.

A Level & IB results 2012

We are pleased to announce the results for this year's leavers.

At A level, 95% of all results were graded at A* to B, with 38% of entries awarded the A* grade (compared with the national average of 10%). This was the first year of results in the Pre-U qualification (in English Literature), with 61% of entries graded at the equivalent of A*. 59 girls (over 60% of the entry) gained straight A* or A grades, 46 girls (47%) gained 2 more A* grades, and 20 girls (over 20%) achieved 3 or more A* grades.

When results in A level, Pre-U and the IB are combined, the percentage of entries graded A* or the equivalent is over 40% for the third year running.

We are also delighted to have heard from Old North Londoners of their successes in their university results; for instance, Francesca Wade, Rebecca Lees and India Lenon (all ONL 2008) all graduating from Oxford University in Classics with a "double first", and being placed in the top 6% of their year. We continue to hear of other successes.

Last July, the Sutton Trust's report into university access, "Degrees of Success", placed NLCS first nationally for the proportion of students gaining offers from the most competitive universities, and we were pleased to note that this year 39 of our students gained offers from Oxford or Cambridge university. As of 11am this morning, over 97% of girls with university offers had secured places at university, over 90% of these at their first choice destination.

Congratulations to pupils and staff on all the hard work that has gone into achieving these results.

A Level & IB results 2011

A Level results

This year's A Level results are, again, exceptionally strong and there are many stories of individual success and achievement.

98.4% of all results were graded at A* to B. 43% of entries were awarded the new A*grade (compared with the national average of 8%).

59 girls gained straight A*/A grades, 39 girls gained 2 or more A* grades, and four girls achieved 4 A* grades.

IB Results

This is now the Sixth consecutive year that the girls have achieved an average score over 40 points placing our students in the top 5.3% of candidates worldwide.
More than half of the IB Higher Level examinations at NLCS were passed at grade 7, the equivalent of an "A*" grade at A-level.
These results place North London Collegiate as the highest-ranked IB school in the UK for the sixth year running.

This is fantastic news and a very positive start to the new academic year.

Congratulations to pupils and staff.

A Level & IB results 2010

A Level results

For the fifth year running, over 98% of all results were graded at A* to B.

39.6% of entries were awarded the new A* grade (compared with the national average of 8.1%).

71 girls gained straight A*/A grades, and 22 girls gained 3 or more A* grades.

IB Results 

This is now the fifth consecutive year that the girls have achieved an average score over 40 points.
Three North Londoners achieved the "perfect diploma" score of 45 points.

These results place North London Collegiate as the highest-ranked IB school in the UK for the fifth year running.

This is fantastic news and a very positive starting point for the new academic year.

Congratulations to pupils and staff.

Tap here for SUB-MENU content