We want to maintain a relationship with our students far beyond their time at the School and, where possible, we would like to support them in their future endeavours, whatever their stage of life.
We therefore offer two types of bursaries which are open to all ONLs, regardless of age.
Awarded funds can be used for aspects of further education such as:
- Help towards an MA or a other further education course
- Help towards a particular piece of research work or retraining course
- Help towards travel costs for overseas academic research or academic paper presentation
Awarded funds can be used towards the cost of travel abroad, with preference being given to
- Those undertaking a charitable mission
- Those supporting charitable causes where NLCS is already involved
Further information and Application Forms
2016 ONLA Bursary Award Winners
The following ONLs were recipients of ONLA awards in 2016
Judged outstanding by the ONLA panel
- Shiama Balendra (2005) – Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Conference, Seattle USA.
- Jessica Hao (2010) – Project Rousseau – poverty in urban environments, NE USA
- Poorani Selvarajah (2009) – Gender and Social Inequality – Poverty Reduction, SOAS
- Kate Howlett (2013) – Operation Wallacea, Madagascar
- Katya Kan (2005) – Lokendra Badu - rebuilding homes in Nepal
- Rebecca Hacker (2011) –Syrian Women Across The Borders
- Cathryn O’Connor (1978) – Handicap International ,South Sudan
The application process for 2017 awards is now open. Applications for travel and academic awards are invited from all ONLs. Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the links above and must be submitted by Founder's Day, on 31 March 2017.