Menu
Close
Academic Departments

The fundamental aims of the curriculum at North London are to nurture an enthusiasm for learning and appreciation of the importance and value of scholarship, and to equip our students with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make the most of the opportunities they have at school and in life.

Lessons are lively and varied, and the classroom atmosphere is relaxed, open and purposeful. We encourage students to try out their ideas and to be actively involved in discussions, presentations and debates.

As girls progress through the school, choice is also an increasingly distinctive characteristic of the school's curriculum. In the Middle School all pupils follow a broad and balanced programme designed to provide them with strong foundations for further study, to nurture a sense of enjoyment in their work and to give every girl a chance to discover and develop her own passions and interests.

In the Sixth Form, students have a choice of pathway between A Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. On both programmes, the expectations are high and students have many opportunities to challenge themselves academically and personally through the leadership and responsibility posts all girls take up in the Sixth Form, links and symposia with other schools and institutions and the thriving intellectual societies at the school. At GCSE, everyone takes five core examinations in Maths, English and Science and then has up to five additional choices from a broad range of Languages, Humanities and Creative or Technological subjects.

Tap here for SUB-MENU content