Menu
Close
NLCS Dubai

NLCS Dubai will be the second addition to the NLCS family of schools, following the successful establishment of our first overseas ‘branch’ in Jeju, South Korea, and we have plans for a further school to open in Singapore in 2019. At NLCS (UK) we believe in growing a deeply interconnected family of schools in order to provide our pupils with as many opportunities as possible to develop international links, to work with and understand people from different cultures and to broaden their own perspectives.

There is a certain ‘alchemy’ at work in NLCS schools, which combines an ambitious academic education with pastoral care that truly values each individual and a range of extra-curricular activities that caters for every possible interest and talent. ‘Everyone matters’ at NLCS schools, and that means that every individual is well-known, is valued for who they are, and their contribution is recognised and celebrated. The opportunities for leadership, for public speaking, for performance, for creative expression, and for sports and outdoor activities are many and varied, and coupled with our focus on supporting the individual, the result is that students feel happy, and are given the confidence to run their own race – to embrace challenges, to be grounded, resilient and to flourish in whatever walk of life they may choose.

Teaching is inspiring; pupils develop a love of their subjects and of learning which will last a lifetime. It’s little wonder then that NLCS in the UK was ranked first in the country by the Sutton Trust for success in placing students at top universities.

When it opens its doors in September 2017, North London Collegiate School will bring a unique educational offering to families in Dubai. Our purpose-built campus is currently under construction and has been designed to NLCS specifications in order to ensure world-class facilities and the best possible learning environment.

For further information about the School and the admissions process, please visit our NLCS Dubai website

Latest News

Official Launch of NLCS Dubai

We are delighted to formally announce that North London Collegiate School will be opening a campus in Dubai in 2017.

At the launch event, held at the Dubai Opera and attended by His Excellency Mr Philip Parham, British Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates and Dr. Abdulla Al Karam, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Director General of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), plans were announced for an International Baccalaureate curriculum school located at Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum City, in close proximity to the Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai. 

Having worked at NLCS for fourteen years, the Principal of NLCS Dubai, Mr Daniel Lewis, knows an NLCS education is about much more than academic success. “NLCS Dubai will  provide an outstanding extra-curricular programme that makes full use of our setting in Dubai and the UAE. Music and performance are a particular strength at NLCS schools, hence our decision to hold our launch at Dubai Opera.”

“A focal-point of the NLCS Dubai campus will be our purpose-built Performing Arts Centre; combined with our sporting and games facilities, this will provide an opportunity for each student to develop their own interests.” he added. 

NLCS Dubai will initially open for students in pre-Kindergarten through to Grade 10, increasing to Grade 12 by September 2019. It will be a co-educational School, teaching boys and girls. In its first two years of operation in Dubai, the school will undertake application and authorisation processes with the International Baccalaureate (IB) in order to obtain authorised IB World School status. The School also aims to be rated as ‘Outstanding’ by KHDA within three years. 

Dr Abdulla Al-Karam, KHDA, said, “Every new school adds to the diversity of Dubai’s education landscape and we are confident that the opening of more international schools will offer greater choice to parents. The continuing growth in private education has enabled us to increase capacity and provide more school seats. We welcome North London Collegiate School to Dubai and look forward to the school’s opening next year.”

“This is an exciting time for the North London Collegiate family of schools, and it is with great anticipation that we announce the opening of NLCS Dubai. Our school in Dubai is part of our international vision and we are committed to delivering an outstanding education for students in the UAE. At NLCS schools, we believe that a happy student is a successful student, and that with the right guidance they will be able to flourish academically and socially” said Bernice McCabe, Headmistress of NLCS (UK).

Tap here for SUB-MENU content