Menu
Close
International Partnerships

NLCS is actively looking to open branch schools outside the UK. Overseas we operate a co-operative partnership model. The North London brand and reputation rests on delivery of outstanding results, therefore we use a very “hands on” approach to partnership, leading and managing the school development cycle every step of the way.

In the initial phase we work closely with our partners to establish the feasibility of a new project and adapt our educational model to local market requirements. Working with selected suppliers we develop the school opening plan and manage the critical path from inception to opening.

NLCS’s in-house experts produce the academic plan, the educational brief, the detailed organisational structure and other pre-opening documentation and directly manage key pre-opening activity including recruitment, licensing, procurement, training etc. Post opening we work closely with the school team to ensure an outstanding delivery of NLCS’s annual objectives and development plan through a programme of teacher selection and training and school monitoring and inspection.

Our overseas partners are in charge of school construction and on-going operations. We are looking for well-established credible organisations and individuals sharing our passion for teaching, subject rigour and nurturing young independent thinkers. Strong fit with NLCS’s brand ethos and values is a key requirement. 

Interested parties are invited to contact Mr Ali Aliev, Director of Business Development to arrange an initial consultation.

Why us?

North London Collegiate School is famous for its unique combination of academic excellence, exceptional extracurricular provision and high quality pastoral care. Since its foundation in 1850 the school has offered the finest educational experience delivered in an outstanding environment. Set in the beautiful grounds of the former palace of the Duke of Chandos, the school offers world class learning, performance and arts facilities and acres of playing fields and gardens. We aim to replicate this exceptional education in outstanding environments across the world.

We are committed to instilling a love of learning and we only employ teachers with a passion for their subject area.  We set high expectations of staff and students by developing a “no ceilings” approach to student potential and by ensuring rigorous accountability for delivery. We aim to develop curious, knowledgeable and principled young people who contribute to local and global communities showing understanding and respect.

North London Collegiate School consistently achieves top positions in GCSE, A-level and IB rankings, and secures outstanding university outcomes for its students. This year The Times ranked us first in the UK for all schools for the IB Diploma as well as GCSEs, and the top girls’ school for overall Sixth Form results.  The 2016 IB diploma results are  outstanding - our students gained an average point score of 41.7 points typically placing them in the top 4% of students worldwide, while 47% of Sixth Form entries were graded A* at A level (or the equivalent for other qualifications). Around 40% of our graduates go to Oxford, Cambridge and top US universities, the others - to Russell Group and other leading educational institutions.

Exceptional academic results are only part of our success. We are passionate about developing our student’s enjoyment and excitement and are strongly focused on creating an environment that enables their confidence and personality to grow. The philosophy underpinning NLCS aims is that no child should be labelled or left behind and no limits should be placed upon what children can achieve. This informs everything we do, with the fundamental objective of developing happy and confident individuals.

We have a successful track record of delivering our unique educational mix in an international environment. Our first branch school opened in Jeju, Korea in 2011 as a mixed Boarding and Day school. In a short period of time, our Jeju School became a reference for excellent international education, delivered by highly qualified, knowledgeable and inspiring teachers selected and developed by NLCS. International Baccalaureate results in 2016 were the strongest to date and, with average points score of 38, already were considerably higher than world average. 40% of our students earned a diploma score of 40+ and 73.4% of all grades were 6/7, the two highest grades that can be awarded.

To replicate our success in new markets we have now set up a scalable operational model and created an international team focused on opening further branch schools outside the UK, which will be led by Bernice McCabe Headmistress of NLCS (UK) and Director of International Schools and Co-Director of the Prince’s Teaching Institute.

History of the North London Collegiate School

Famous Old North Londoners

‚Äč            

The Old North Londoners community includes many distinguished personalities in a wide variety of fields and occupations. Some of our famous alumnae are: Lillian Lindsay CBE - first female dentist and pioneer, Dame Elizabeth Cadbury - a prominent philanthropist, Dame Anna Wintour DBE - a fashion icon and an editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine and many others. Read more

Contact

Mr Ali Aliev, Director of Business Development

international@nlcs.org.uk

Tap here for SUB-MENU content